Love Letter to AUSTIN
30°16' 03" N | 97°44' 34" W
I spent only 5 days in Austin, Texis this year. I went to see SXSW 2018 edition and it was quite something. I saw Elon Musk, Luke Skywalker, experienced installation of Westworld Premier, heard a talk from Bernie and we all felt the Burn.
I feel blessed to have had the chance to see how SXSW is Austin and Austin is SXSW. The weather is great. Music is everywhere. And everybody is up for a great time.
Here are few of the things that I did and liked during my very short stay in the "Live Music Capital of the World" - Austin, Texas, USA.
A U S T I N
RECOMMENDATIONS BY NINETY86
Best Coffee Spots:
- Fleet Coffee
- Cafe No Se
- Josephine's House
- Hillside Farmacy - quaint vintage eatery.
- Franklin Barbecue - slow-smoked deliciousness. Queues up to 12 hours.
- Uchiko - upscael rustic Japanese creations.
- Eberly - living history, full of flavour.
- Chicon - upscale texas ranch style.
- Walk along the river
- Trail Restroom - organic, functional design in nature
- Stubb's Bar-B-Q - best concert venue
- Texas Hill Country Wine Trail
- Alamo Drafthouse
- Violet Crown Cinema
Best Places to Read:
- None discovered
Great Bars / Going out:
- Small Victory - old fashioned drinking den.
- Prohibition Creamery - boozy forzen treats.
- Whisler's - cocktails, mezcal and a patio.
- The Townsend - live music and mixed drinks.
- Mohawk - native ingenuity
- Juiceland - promoting inner beauty and wellness with its nutrition-packed juices and vegan delicacies.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort
- Barton Springs Pool
- Wanderlust Yoga
- Barton Creek Greenbelt
AUSTIN CULTURE Bucket List:
Local Band - The Rocketboys